New Residential Roofing Services
The roof is an extremely important part of your home. You want it to protect your home and also to look great. That’s why you need to choose the best roofing contractor in Idaho Falls or the best roofing contractor in Pocatello. Whether you’re replacing a roof damaged by a storm, or just need to upgrade, our professionals can guide you through the process of selection, insurance, and installation of your new roof.
When you are choosing a new roof for your home, there are a few aspects that need to be considered. At the top of that list for everyone, of course, is the cost. Durability, architectural style, and the looks are important as well.
There are five components to a steep-slope roof system.
- Roof covering — This would be your shingles, metal, or tile and the underlayment that is used to protect the sheathing from the elements.
- Sheathing — This is the sheet material that is attached to the roof rafters to cover your home.
- The roof structure — Your roof structure consists of the rafters and trusses that are built to support the sheathing.
- Flashing — Material that is installed into a roof system’s joints and low spots. The purpose of the flashing is to prevent unwanted water seepage.
- Drainage — Features of your new roof will determine how well it will let water drain. This includes the shape, slope, and layout.
In most cases, damage to your roof is covered by homeowner’s insurance. But that is not always the case. For example, a roof that has worn away and deteriorated over time because it has been neglected may be a reason an insurance claim is denied. Things like hail and wind damage (they tend to happen in Idaho Falls and Pocatello) are probably going to be covered with a standard insurance policy.
A job with the magnitude of installing a new roof is a process that usually comes with plenty of questions from the homeowner. Here is a short description of the roofing process that a roofing contractor in Idaho Falls or a roofing contractor in Pocatello will use. We hope that it will answer some of your questions. If not, please feel free to contact us for more information.
The process begins with the delivery of the roofing materials to your location. Then we will begin to remove the pieces of the old roof. This will include pulling off all of the old shingles and other layers so your new roof will start with a brand new, clean foundation.
Next, the roofing paper is put down and we ensure that everything is completely dry before continuing the installation process. Then it is time to begin installing shingles. With everything in place, we make another inspection of the area to make sure that everything looks as it should and there are no nails, shingles, or other debris left on your property.
Call Premier Roofing
With so many choices of materials and options galore, the expertise of a roofing contractor in Idaho Falls or a roofing contractor in Pocatello can be helpful in choosing the best roof for your property. Call Premier Roofing & Restorations today for your new roofing project today!