Full Siding Repair & Replacement
The largest purchase/investment you will make is in your home. Worn out house siding is something that should not be ignored. This may not seem like a top priority for the care of your home, but broken and cracked siding can lead to problems with other parts of your home. Don’t know if your siding needs to be replaced? Continue reading for a list of signs that you can look for in your siding.
Signs To Look For
- You have siding to keep moisture away from your interior walls. If you see bubbles underneath your siding then you are sure to find water as well. Give your Idaho Falls siding contractor a call and get this taken care of.
- You can actually have siding that still looks great on the outside, but inside everything is rotting away. You can check for dry rot in your siding by tapping on it with the rubber handle of any tool. If you have pieces of siding that have been decaying, they need to be replaced as soon as possible before it spreads. Otherwise, the whole house may need to be re-sided.
- Warping is a good thing in Super Mario Brothers. But it is a bad sign for siding. Try using a screwdriver to poke underneath the siding to get a feel for how solid it is. It is seems soft or has begun to rot away, then it has reached the end of its lifespan.
- Another sign to look for is on the inside of your home. Paint that is peeling or wallpaper that is loose can be a sign that your siding is failing.
- Replacing your siding can save you money. That’s right! Quality siding can help reduce you heating and cooling costs. And on the flip side, worn out siding can lead to higher heating and cooling costs. Take a look at the seams of your siding to see if there might be space where outside air is getting inside — or vice versa.
- If you have pieces of siding that are loose or cracked, they should be replaced. This is something you may be able to do on your own. If not, give us a call because any pieces of siding that are missing, broken, or loose can let water in and lead to additional problems.
- If you find yourself repainting your home more often than every 8-10 years, you are doing it for the love of painting (doubtful) or there is a larger issue happening with your siding. Peeling, chipping, and cracking are all signs that your siding is due for replacement.
- Do you see holes in your siding. If you said yes, then don’t stick you finger in there. Most likely, the holes were caused by insects. You don’t want them in your home or siding.
- Anything that is growing on your siding — mold, fungus, etc — means that there is probably water getting through somewhere nearby. This means you need to do some additional checking to make sure your siding is ok.
Your Idaho Falls Siding Contractor
You can never be too careful when it comes to maintaining your home. Whether you are installing new carpet, replacing the siding, or anything else — you want it done right the first time. The first step to getting a siding job done right is choosing the right Idaho Falls siding contractor. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a siding contractor to work on your home.
- Do some research: You are going to want to know what services the company offers. Some companies will provide services that others do not. For example, you’ll find that in addition to doing siding, we also offer a variety of roofing services along with doing windows and rain gutters.
- In-house work: Some contractors will actually bring in additional companies to provide some services. You should know about this in advance. After all, you hired the contractor — not the other company they are bringing in. If this is the case with your contractor, you should be sure to learn about the other company as well.
- Siding maintenance: Be sure that you are educated in the future maintenance and repair that could be necessary for your new siding. Knowing in advance how long your siding will last and who is going to be responsible for maintenance and repairs will allow you to plan and budget for the future.
- Reviews and experience: Don’t trust an important job to just anybody. Beautiful siding won’t stay that way if the installation is poor. Check out their reviews and rating with the BBB.
Call Premier Roofing
When the time comes, replace your old, worn out house siding with new, long lasting Idaho Falls siding from Premier Roofing & Restorations. New vinyl siding is the perfect way to transform the exterior of your home and keep its curb appeal up to date and beautiful. Our Idaho Falls siding installers have been helping homeowners beautify the exteriors of their residences with quality siding allowing for less maintenance than ever before.
When you work with Premier Roofing & Restorations, you can be sure that our Idaho Falls siding contractors are only using materials of the highest caliber. Rest assured that our siding installation ensures that you’ll have:
- Great value
- Lasting beauty
- Design versatility
- Low maintenance
For more information about our wide variety of siding options, contact Premier Roofing & Restorations today and see why our commitment to customer service and superior products has made us a trusted siding contractor in Idaho Falls and the surrounding areas!
Call Premier Roofing & Restorations today for your siding installation project today!