As a homeowner, there is a lot to take care of. That means you’ll have a lot to know a bunch of decisions to make. One of the biggest decisions will be when the time comes to replace your roof. There are a few options for your new roof. Two of the most common are metal roofing and shingle roofing. Here we’ll go over the benefits of metal roofing in Idaho Falls so you can make an informed decision when the time comes for your roof replacement.
11 Benefits Of Metal Roofing Idaho Falls
Here is a quick intro to metal roofing. Metal roofing can be complicated. It takes experienced roofing installers to perform the necessary techniques to do the job properly. It’s a good option for a place with extreme weather — something that can happen here in eastern Idaho! In addition, metal roofing will last you longer than other roofing options. Before making your roof replacement decision, consider these benefits of metal roofing.
- The roof over option — One way that you can reduce the cost of installing metal roofing is to have it retrofitted over the top of your existing roof. Doing it this way will take away the cost of tear-off work. In addition, it cuts down on the amount of trash that needs to be hauled away to the local dump.
- Property value — The longevity of a metal roof will give your property value a boost. Having a long-lasting roof that is in good condition makes a home much more attractive. This can really pay off if you decide to sell your home.
- Eco-friendly — If you are concerned about the environment, you’ll be happy to know that metal roofing is your most eco-friendly option. The material is recyclable. The leftover scraps come in handy for additional projects in the future.
- Maintenance – Or should we say no maintenance? Ok, maybe not no maintenance, but the amount of work you will need to put in to maintain your metal roofing is almost always very little. The majority of your work will be removing leaves and other debris that can find its way to your roof. Just do this periodically and you won’t have much left to worry about. And of course, if something else comes up, we are here to help!
- Insurance — You’ll want to check with your provider, but having a metal roof may lower your insurance premium. This is because of its resistance to things like fire and other potential causes of roof damage.
- Long term cost — This is one area where your situation will impact the decision you make. A metal roof is more expensive to install than a shingle roof. But, as previously discussed, it will last you as long as 2-3 three shingle roofs. The choice is yours — a larger one-time cost and a more inexpensive roof that you may have to replace in 15-20 years.
- It’s lightweight — Metal roofing is made from lightweight material. This is a plus because it is an easy material to work with. It makes the process of transporting and installing your roof efficient. But the best part of using a lightweight material is that it won’t put as much stress on the structure of your home.
- Long lifespan — This might be the biggest difference between metal and shingle roofing. You can expect a properly installed metal roof to last for 50 years or more! On the other hand, it might take you two or three shingle roofs to last that long.
- Color — For many homeowners, the best reason to choose metal roofing is that you can get it in such a variety of colors. In addition, there are special paints available to go on metal roofing that has been designed to survive the environment.
- Fire prevention — Metal roofing is made from a material that is rated Class A. It’s also non-combustible. This can make all the difference if a fire ends up near your home. Any hot ashes or embers that land on your roof has very little chance of starting a fire. With a shingle roof, the odds would be a little higher.
- Durability — Your roof is going to face a lot of challenges while protecting your home. The one it will take on each and every day is the weather. Your metal roof will be the strongest defense against the extreme weather — strong winds, rain, snow, hail/ice, freezing cold, and intense heat.
Choosing Your New Roof
The more options you have to choose from, the more overwhelming it can be. It is important to remember that every home and every roof is unique. We hope this information will help you know what you are looking for and make an informed decision. However, we hope you remember that we are always here to help.
We’ll always give you an honest opinion of what is the best option for your situation. Feel free to give us a call for questions you may have. We dedicate our team to providing the highest quality of residential and commercial roofing services for clients throughout the Eastern Idaho area. In addition to metal roofing Idaho Falls, we install and repair shingle roofs, flat roofs, siding, windows, and rain gutters. When you are in need of a roof replacement, you can trust Premier Roofing & Restorations. Contact us today for more information about a roofing repair or replacement!